熊涛：博士毕业于日本九州大学、硕士、本科毕业于广东外语外贸大学。外国语言学及应用语言学副教授、英语教育学院副院长，教育部人文社科重点研究基地、广东外语外贸大学外国语言学及应用语言学研究中心兼职研究员。研究领域包括话语语言学、英语教师教育、英语课程和教学法，主讲英语教学法、外语教学法流派、外语教材设计与评估、教育文化学、英语写作等课程。熊涛曾获广东省“海外高层次留学回国人才”、广东外语外贸大学“年度考核优秀”、广东外语外贸大学“优秀教师”、“优秀本科生导师”等称号。现主持教育部人文社科规划项目1项，参与国家级和省部级项目5项，发表专著1部，发表科研论文十余篇，其中数篇被SSCI和CSSCI索引期刊收录。担任TESOL Quarterly（SSCI）、Critical DiscourseStudies（SSCI）、Asia Pacific Journalof Education （SSCI）、Language, Culture and Curriculum（SSCI）等期刊审稿人。
· Tao Xiong
· PhD in Comparative Society and Culture, Kyushu University
· MA in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies(GDUFS)
· BA in English Language and Culture, GDUFS
· English language education policy and practice
· EFL teacher professional development
· Cultural and ideological themes in EFL teaching materials
· Discourse studies in educational and other institutional settings
· Associate Professor of English (linguistics and applied linguistics)
· Associate Dean of the School of English and Education, GDUFS
· Adjunct Researcher at the Center for Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, GDUFS
PAPERS IN ENGLISH
· Xiong, T. & Yuan, Z. (in press). “It was because I could speak English that I got the job:” Neoliberal discourse in a Chinese English textbook series. Journal of Language, Identity & Education.
· Liu, Y. & Xiong, T. (2016). Situated task-based language teaching in Chinese colleges: Teacher education. English Language Teaching 9(5), 22-32.
· Xiong, T. (2014) Shallow environmentalism: A preliminary eco-critical discourse analysis of secondary school English as a Foreign Language (EFL) texts in China. The Journal of Environmental Education45(4), 232-242.
· Xiong, T. (2014) Review: Legal Communication of Chinese Judiciary: A Discourse-Based View. The International Journal of Language,Speech and the Law 21(1), 169-174.
· Xiong, T. (2012). Discourse and marketization of higher education in China: The genre of advertisements for academic posts. Discourse and Society 23(3), 318-337.
· Xiong, T. (2012). Essence or practice? Conflicting cultural values in Chinese EFL textbooks: a discourse approach, Discourse:Studies in the Cultural Politics of Education 33(4), 499-516.
· Xiong, T. & Qian, Y. (2012). Ideologies of English in a Chinese high school EFL textbook: A critical discourse analysis, Asia Pacific Journal of Education 32(1), 75-92.
· Xiong, T. (2012). Review: Writing in the Devil's Tongue: A History of English Composition in China, Language and Intercultural Communication 12(1), 93-95.
· Xiong, T. (in preparation). Recontextualizing immersion in the Chinese context: A case study of a Sino-Canadian collaborative educational program in a Shenzhen School. In H. Spires (ed.), Digital Transformation and Innovation in Chinese Education. IGI Global.
· Xiong, T. (2013). The cultural politics in Chinese EFL textbooks: A discourse approach. Saarbrücken, Germany: Scholar's Press.
PAPERS IN CHINESE
· Ouyang, H. & Xiong, T. (2013). A three-dimensional critical reading model based on Critical Discourse Analysis. Journal of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies 2013/1(欧阳护华, 熊涛. 基于批评话语分析的三维批判性阅读模式. 广东外语外贸大学学报, 2013/01.)
· Xiong, T. & Mao, H. (2012). Three dimensions and one turning in discourse analysis. Foreign Language and Literature 2012/02 (熊涛, 毛浩然. 话语分析的三个维度和一个转向. 外国语言文学, 2012/02.)
· Xiong, T. A review of AAAL 2011. Modern Foreign Languages 2011/03 (熊涛. 美国应用语言学协会2011年会简述.现代外语, 2011/03.)
· Xiong, T., Wang, J., & Mao, H. (2011). Positioning and its communicative effects in TV interview talk shows. Southeast Communications 2011/07 (熊涛, 王进, 毛浩然. 电视访谈中主持人的站位调整及传播效果. 东南传播, 2011/07.）
· Xiong, T. (2008). The discursive construction of feminine identity in ads. Journal of Changsha University. 2008/06 (熊涛. 女性身份的广告话语建构. 长沙大学学报, 2008/06
· Xiong, T. (2006). Dialectic constructivism and foreign language cooperative learning. Journal of Tianjin Foreign Languages Institute 2006/04 (熊涛. 辩证建构主义与外语合作学习. 天津外国语学院学报, 2006/04)
· Xiong, T. (2006). Informational and Interactive functions in diplomatic discourse. Journal of Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University. 2006/02. (熊涛, 何劲. 外交话语的信息功能和互动功能.广东技术师范学院学报, 2006/02)
· Xiong, T. (2001). Features of Chinese translations of English contracts in Hong Kong. Explorations in International Economics and Trade 2001/02. (熊涛. 香港英语合同中文译文的特点. 国际经贸探索 2001/02.)
· Power and solidarity in university presidents’ commencement addresses. Presented at the 9th Contemporary Chinese Discourse Studies. Hangzhou Normal University, October 2016.
· What is meant by “immersion” in the Chinese secondary education context: A case study of a foreign languages school in Shenzhen. Presented at the 15th International Conference of the International Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication. Peking University, November 2015.
· The treatment of environment issues in English language teaching: A critical discourse analysis of EFL textbooks. Presented at the 5thHong Kong Association For Applied Linguistics Conference. Hong Kong Polytechnic University, June2014.
· Discourse and marketization of higher education in China: The genre of advertisements for academic posts. Presented at the 5th Contemporary Chinese Discourse Studies. Zhejiang Communications University, October 2012.
· Essence or practice? Conflicting cultural values in Chinese EFL textbooks: a discourse approach. Presented at the Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, June 2011.
· Ideologies of English in a Chinese high school EFL textbook: A critical discourse analysis. Presented at the Annual Conference of American Association of Applied Linguistics, Chicago, USA, March 2011.
· The discursive construction of attitudes towards English learning in Chinese EFL textbooks. Presented at the Thai TESOL Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand, January 2011.
· A critical examination of the notion of society in major approaches to discourse analysis and sociolinguistics. Presented at the Annual Conference of International Association for Intercultural Communication Studies, Guangzhou, China, June 2010.
· English craze in China: A textbook perspective.Presented at the 87th meeting of the JACET Kyushu-Okinawa Chapter, Fukuoka,Japan, April 2009.
· Power and solidarity in university presidents’ commencement addresses. Presented at Huaqiao University, September 2016.
· Shallow environmentalism: A preliminary eco-critical discourse analysis of secondary school English as a Foreign Language (EFL) texts in China. Presented at the University of Hong Kong. July 2014
· Research on English language teaching materials: Current status and frontiers. Presented at Sun Yat-sen University. March 2013.
· Discourse and marketization of higher education in China: The genre of advertisements for academic posts. Presented at Jinan University, October 2012.
· Democratization of higher education institutional discourse: A linguistic evaluation perspective (1975-2014) (14YJA740045) Humanities and Social Sciences Funding of the Ministry of Education. (principal investigator)
· Official discourse studies in response to emergent public affairs (13B1990). National Philosophy and Social Sciences Funding. (co-investigator)
· A comparative study of the linguistic landscape in Guangdong and Hong Kong. Humanities and Social Sciences Funding of the Ministry of Education (16YJC740023). (co-investigator)
· Critical Discourse Studies
· Language, Culture and Curriculum
· Asia Pacific Journal of Education
· Gender and Education
· TESOL Quarterly
· English Language Teaching
· Journal of Fujian Normal University
· Talented Returnee from Overseas. Guangdong Provincial Department of Overseas Experts. 2012.
· 1st Prize for Excellence in Scientific Research. GDUFS. 2012.
· 2nd Prize for Excellence in Scientific Research. GDUFS. 2014.
· Graded Excellent in Annual Evaluation. GDUFS. 2012.
· Graded Excellent in Annual Evaluation. GDUFS. 2013.
· Excellent Teacher. GDUFS. 2013.
School of English and Education, GDUFS
178 Waihuan Donglu, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Office telephone: +862039328837